At the southern entrance of Tripotamos, the oldest settlement of Tinos, sprawled at the foot of the commanding Exobourgo rock, there stands this unique house. With unbroken views to the neighbouring Aegean Islands and the Tinos terrain it is a mere 4km away from the port and the beaches. Tripotamos is an ideal base from which you can discover all the features that make Tinos one of the best-loved destinations: hidden beaches and unique villages, impressive landscapes and warm hospitality, brilliant light and serene colors.
Tinos, an island of the Cyclades, lies between Andros, Mykonos, Delos and Syros, only 20 minutes away by boat from Mykonos airport and 90 minute away by fast ferry from the port of Rafina, which is in close proximity to Athens El Venizelos airport. Tinos offers serenity and individuality in life.
Built in traditional style to modern energy specifications, the Tripotamos Homes were put together with respect and care, in collaboration with local craftsmen. Using old materials that were salvaged, meticulously restored and given new life, the residences create a unique atmosphere of intimacy that wins you over:
• Old oak timber finds again its use in floors and indoor staircases.
• Kitchens are decorated with old marble sinks and cement tiles.
• Local wood craftsmen create unique cupboards, door and window frames, and wardrobes in every area.
• Bathrooms and washbasins in the houses are clad with the local Vathys marble, carved by a marble carver from Tinos, and old door and window frames are transformed into mirrors.
• Marble slabs from old pavements, made of local Tinos marble, give the courtyards their unique character.
• Fireplaces made by local craftsmen add warmth.
• Walls of stone, made by Tinos craftsmen using local materials, complement the atmosphere of these unique residence.
This house is organised on two floors with a well-lit basement. There is also a separate cell guest room across the courtyard which could be used as an extra bedroom. The spacious terrace on the first floor offer magnificent views towards the sea. The enclosed courtyard with its stone benches and pergola offer a tranquil shady setting. The house is fully furnished including kitchen appliances and a washing machine.
For more information visit www.aegeis04.gr